About once a year, I take a quick gander through the spam comments that Aksimet has caught on my blog. It does a really good job, and spam almost never gets through. Occasionally, a real comment will get spammed. That’s why I take a peek now and then to see if I’ve missed anything. If I were the gullible type, I might learn a thing or two from the comments that hit my blog. Such as:
- I have the best blog ever written anywhere on the internet!
- Many, many people have unbeatable prices on all sorts of anatomical medication, including cialis, viagra and celebrex.
- I could buy fake passports for any country in the world.
- I could buy replica Rolex watches.
- Some people think I can help them figure out their own blog and browser problems.
- Some people want to share my blog on their Facebook page.
- I actually helped someone with their university paper.
- Lots of people make lots of typos. Some even let their cats type for them.
- Some people apparently think I’m a man.
- Here’s the most unusual (and my favorite) one: “The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesn’t disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I actually thought you’d have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could fix if you weren’t too busy looking for attention.”
Does anyone actually fall for this type of garbage? They must or it wouldn’t continue to be so prevalent.